A few months back I had the pleasure of collaborating with the Wedding Chicks and Paper and Thread to create a fun DIY wedding project! We all have a love for chalkboards and so we thought it was fitting to use the romantic flat black paint on these cute clothespin escort cards, place cards and brick table number below…
- printed escort place cards
- clothespins (regular and mini)
- chalkboard spray paint
- bronze metallic Sharpie
1. Start by spray painting your clothespins with chalkboard paint. For even coverage they might need two coats of paint. Follow the directions on your can for dry times.
2. On your computer, print out simple escort and place cards for each guest. Cut them according. Squares for the place cards and flags for the escort cards.
3. For the escort cards: use the larger clothespins and a metallic Sharpie to write each table number and then add each guests name card. *For mess ups; since we are using a Sharpie you will need to repaint.
4. For the place cards: add each guests name card and possibly a flower or stem of greenery. Different flower stems could possibly communicate the guests choice of meal to the servers.
If you are in love with the chalkboard look like we are… why not incorporate it into a few other details. You could use it to spray paint a brick and use chalk to draw each table number like I did below!
As with all our DIY tutorials, if you create one of our projects please send us a picture or a trackback – We Love Seeing Your Creativity! If you use Instagram or Twitter please use the hashtag #SomethingTurquoiseDIY. Happy Crafting!
Photography: Wedding Chicks // DIY tutorial by: Jen | Something Turquoise // styling: Paper and Thread // Krylon Chalkboard spray paint, regular and mini-clothespins, metallic Sharpie: Michaels // free font used: Housegrind via Dafont.com