March 30, 2012

I love when Save-the-Date invitations include stickers for my calendar, so I can actually save the date! How about creating your own adorable stickers using the app Instagram, to send out with your save the dates! So cute… and so easy! FREE DOWNLOADS BELOW!

Instagram Sticker Save-the-Date InvitationsPin

First you need to make your stickers! Which means that you need to Instagram a picture of you and your honey, possibly holding something cute like the heart below, your date, or maybe even one of your engagement photos! Then create an account with the amazing Printstagram and order the sticker books below, only $10 for 250 stickers!!! It takes between two and three weeks to get the stickers in the mail.

Instagram Sticker Save-the-Date InvitationsPin

Yeah!!!! Super cute stickers!!! You can use these for all kinds of wedding fun! Cut the little stickers into strips of two, I think two is better than one because your friends might have multiple calendars!

Instagram Sticker Save-the-Date InvitationsPin

SUPPLIES:

• download and print the two invitation designs
  • cover weight 8.5″ x 11″ (cardstock) paper from Paper-Source for the invitation itself
  • text weight paper from Paper-Source for the sticker cards (cardstock is also fine)
  • #10 size envelopes (#10 is the normal business mailing envelope size)
  • scissors
  • paper trimer
  • corner rounder
  • glue dots
  • pencil with a fresh eraser
  • stamp pad
  • and of course the darling stickers above

Instagram Sticker Save-the-Date InvitationsPin

Download and print the two pieces of the invitation design. You can print them at home or take them to your local print shop. Since we are cutting this 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock in thirds, each individual invite should be about 3 5/8 of an inch wide. When cutting in thirds you can’t always make each card perfect, some will be larger or smaller by a millimeter or two – but your guests will never know!

Save-the-Date 2014   //   Save-the-Date 2015   //   Save-the-Date 2016   //   Sticker Cards

Instagram Sticker Save-the-Date InvitationsPin

OPTIONAL: Use your favorite corner rounder to round off the edges of each of the cards.

Instagram Sticker Save-the-Date InvitationsPin

Now for the fun part! Using your pencil eraser as a stamp, dab it into the ink pad and stamp onto your appropriate month and date.

Instagram Sticker Save-the-Date InvitationsPin

Next, using glue dots {or any other double sided type craft tape} stick your little sticker strips to the printed card… at an angle if you choose!

Instagram Sticker Save-the-Date InvitationsPin

Using the glue dots, adhere the little card to your invitation – center as best you can. Voila!

Instagram Sticker Save-the-Date InvitationsPin

Now your guests can mark their calendars with these darling stickers and Save Your Date!

Instagram Sticker Save-the-Date InvitationsPin

/////     PROJECT UPDATE  1.7.14    /////

Since this ‘Instagram Save the Date’ has been such a popular project, we’ve just released a brand new design!!! Follow this {link} to check it out!

SomethingTurquoise_DIY_Save-the-date-invitations-free-downloads-instagram_0001.jpgPin

As with all our DIY tutorials, if you create one of our projects please send us a picture or a trackback – We Love Seeing Your Creativity! If you use Instagram or Twitter please use the hashtag #SomethingTurquoiseDIY. Happy Crafting!

something turquoise DIY

Photography: Studio 11 // DIY and invitation design: Jen | Something Turquoise // stickers: Printstagram using an Instagram image // large wall calendar, 8.5 x 11 paper and #10 envelopes: Paper-Source in Pool (text weight) and Superfine Soft White (cover weight) // corner rounder: Crop-a-dile Corner Chomper // twine: Cupcake Social in Aqua // paper trimmer, glue dots, ink pad, and scissors: Michaels // font used in design – UnivrstyRoman Bd BT – free to download here: FontZone // nail polish: OPI Happy Anniversary

133 Responses to “DIY | instagram save-the-dates”

1. kaie w. bird says:

That is really cute and looks great! Great idea.

2. bellacorea says:

This is tooo cute!

3. Ada says:

OMG! I love this idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

4. Karin says:

What an AWESOME idea!! Love it! Thanks for the tips about Printstagram!

5. Clever, cute and chic!

6. Andrea says:

What a great idea! What size envelopes fit the card?

7. Nicole says:

My fiance and I love this idea! Thanks for the post and instructions! Is there a way to change the font on the templates? Thanks again!!

8. marissa says:

what font is this?

9. Mary-Anne says:

What a fantastic idea! All of your ideas are so unique and creative :)

10. Stephanie says:

I loved this idea but I would not recommend using Printstagram at all!! We ordered our stickers TWO MONTHS before we wanted to send out our save the dates and we’re still waiting. After hours on the phone with their customer service, we finally got a tracking number, which showed that our stickers had never been shipped! I would recommend using us.moo.com instead. Their stickers are a little more, but they always have different promo codes, and have express shipping options if desired.

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Stephanie, I’m so bummed that you had a bad experience. I have now ordered 6 times from them and it’s always been great. I personally know more than 10 people who have also been really happy with their orders. I know their shipping can be slow, but other than that I am truly a repeat customer.

11. Kylie murray says:

Hi,

Please can you put up a template for 2014?

Thanks In advance!

Xx

12. Selina says:

I love this idea, and I can’t wait to use it as my save the date. How can I get a template for 2014?

13. Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi All! We won’t be adding a 2014 template until the fall!

14. CC says:

I love this! Can you give an idea of the total cost of this project?

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi CC! I can give you a range, but the price will absolutely be different for everyone depending on where they purchase their paper. With the paper shown, these should cost about $1.50 each, but if you shop on sale or with a coupon it could be cheaper!

15. April says:

Could also use mystickerface.com to get stickers!

16. Pat says:

Do you have a template showing the calendar month April 2013 instead of just a general calendar?

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Pat! Sorry, no… but you can design your own! Also, see the DIY credits at the end of the post for supplies info.

17. Pat says:

Where can you get the envelopes in the blue color

18. Kassie says:

I was wondering what type of paper is used for the calendar?

19. Vaishnavi says:

OMG…just the tutorial makes me wanna get married!!!

20. Great DIY, extremely creative and so easy to make! I love instagram so this is a definite must when I get married!

21. [...] eine druckbares Save the Date von something turquoise (erstmal mit meinen Tastesheriff Aufklebern von vor einem Jahr [...]

22. [...] planning process. And what’s more genius than using them for your save-the-date? Source: somethingturquoise.com via Make it on [...]

23. Erika w says:

How long did the shipping take for the sticker books? The site says 8-10 days, is it longer?!

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Erika! When I purchased my stickers the company was upgrading their printer and/or moving or something and it took like 6 weeks for my stickers to arrive – but the website clearly stated that the company was going through that and so I was aware. If the site says 8-10 days then I’m sure it’s true.

24. [...] so cute that your family & friends take your pictures and put them on their calendars. At somethingturquoise you can find the full step by step on how to create [...]

25. I used Moo.com for a similar project…looks like it’s the exact same format of sticker book but you can upload photos. It’s $10 for 90 stickers but you can have 90 different photos if you want!

26. Laurie says:

where does the string come in or is it just for a photo prop? Also, I find the #10 envelopes but not with a grommet in them. . .can you provide the supplier? Thank you!!

27. Were 2 stamps needed to send this out, or just 1?

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Jessica! Only one stamp will be needed if your envelope and card are 1 ounce or under – which this exact project was. The #10 envelopes are a standard size envelope so no extra charge there :)

28. Jackie says:

These are sooo neat! We are in the process of getting the supplies to make them for my sister. What kind of paper did you use from Paper Source – the cover weight paper or the text weight paper? I want to make sure it is thicker than regular paper but I am still able to print it. Thanks!

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Jackie! Cover weight for the invitation itself and text weight for the little white box with the stickers on it. Most household printers will have no problem printing the cover weight paper from Paper-Source :)

29. Diana Bright says:

Those people are not attending……

30. hopefully people still check the comments! Was this printed on cardstock I’m assuming? Also, was this just a laser jet printer that printed this? I’m getting married in october and using this for our save the dates! thanks so much for the idea.

31. and how can i change font color??

32. Hi Kristi, yes you should print these on cardstock. This was printed on our personal home computer but you can print this file on any printer you like, I agree laser always looks better than inkjet. You cannot change the color or the font. These are free downloads… you can always print them out and re-design them yourself :)

33. Hi Rochelle, what takes the longest is waiting for your cute stickers to arrive. This is a very simple project and if you enlist the help of a few bridesmaids you could be done in a few hours :) Much cheaper than sending engagement pics!!!

34. Jackie says:

If anyone would like these on hot pink paper (the calendar) let me know. We printed a LOT of extra and I will sell them to you for cheap. Send me an email at jackie.damhoff@yahoo. These are cheap to do for a Save the Date! Love them!!

35. I love this, however I was wondering if I could modify the wording. Since I would like to use it for My Daughter Quincianera..

36. I really love this Idea.. I would like to use it for my Daughter Quincianera.. So I was wondering if the working could be changed.. or at least where I find this calendar format?

37. Hi Maria. These are free downloads for wedding Save-the-Dates but please feel free to re-design them yourself (or have a crafty friend do them for you!) to fit your daughters event!

38. Sure Hannah! These are free downloads for wedding Save-the-Dates but please feel free to re-design them yourself (or have a crafty friend do them for you!) to fit your baby shower. They would be so cute! The picture could be your darling belly or maybe a special stuffed animal… :)

39. Jenna says:

I love this idea, especially for my DIY wedding. Are 2015 calendars coming out soon?

40. Leighann says:

I just did these save the dates and they turned out great!! Thank you for the idea!

41. Shaney Miggy says:

Great job! Do you have a template for the envelope?

42. Any idea of how much this project would cost?

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Samantha, it completely depends on how much you purchase your paper and envelopes for – the stickers are only $10 for 252 stickers.

43. [...] I love this unique DIY Save the Date idea- the couple used an Instagram photo of themselves and turned them into tiny [...]

44. Hey! Great design and thank you for such great instructions and the template. I am curious though. What is the string for and which envelopes did you order from paper-source.com? There are only open end and string and button to choose from.

45. Rebecca says:

Hi,
    I love this Idea. I could not find the free invitation design download on the page though. Where would I be able to find that?

Thanks

46. [...] when I found a save the date that incorporates the app I had to share!!  This DIY is courtesy of somethingturquoise which is a site filled with fun wedding [...]

47. I just did it for my wedding, and all together in supplies for about 75 I spent a little less then $60.

48. Paola says:

I loved this idea and loved it even more when I was able to put it into play for my wedding. I switched up minor details but all in all ended with a project just as good as yours. thanks for the idea!

49. Andrea says:

What size paper did you get from print source for the cover weight and text weight????

50. Taylor says:

How do I change some minor things? I can’t edit in PDF.

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Taylor! I’m sorry you can’t – it’s a free download… but you can always design your own :)

51. Trina says:

I wish there was a 2015 template. Love this!

52. Audrey says:

Thanks so much for the awesome ideas! Had a great time making these save the date cards today, I’m sure they’ll be a big hit!

53. Sara says:

Hi! I love this idea and am using it for our October wedding. I was wondering what the string was for though?

54. I spent $70 total to send out approximately 160 save-the-dates. The most expensive part was the envelopes. Be sure to shop online for the good majority of your supplies and “google” coupon codes for all of it! Much cheaper than other save-the-dates out there!

55. Trina says:

Thank you so much Jen!!!

56. Noelle says:

Hi! I love these Save the Dates!! Does anyone have any ideas on how to turn them into Postcards? I figured out postage and I’d really like to be able to cut back on those costs.
    Thanks!

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Noelle! Actually I don’t recommend sending these as postcards. The little sticker cards can and will get pulled off your cards during mailing. Extra layers on any type of card need the protection of an envelope. Hope this helps!

57. Sara Cox says:

I just noticed that now when I went on prinstagram to look it up :(

58. Hi girls! I’m talking to Printstigram about it – should have an answer soon!

59. Sara Cox says:

I got an email from them and said they put them back on the site! Haven’t looked yet though!

60. Yes Sara! I got the same email… and I looked they are back up!!!

61. Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Good News everyone! Social Print Studio (printstigram) has put the stickers back up on their website for sale!

62. Randi Rider says:

They are #10 Policy Envelopes

63. Katrina says:

I made these, though I have not finished them as we are still undecided about a Friday or Saturday wedding. I will upload a picture if I figure out how when they’re completed! They are adorable and everybody helping has fallen in love with them! Instagram legally has the copyright to all images uploaded, since we didn’t want to offend our photographer, we used moo.com! Thank you SO MUCH for uploading this for everybody to use! Do you have invites to match? :D

64. [...] The Prinstagram – This is a fabulous little save the date, and likely a memorable one. You can send these [...]

65. Lindsey McCauley says:

Hey Everyone! I’d like to start by saying that I understand this is a free download and I am super thankful! My wedding colors are a royal blue and orange and I would like a different font color than provided. That being said I have taken the above advice and resources and attempted to create my own template. I am using word and have FINALLY gotten things lined up and looking good on a test page. My question is, Does anyone know how I can print three to a page. I am in landscape and I have used a lot of custom indenting. When I paste to the middle of the page or try to make a chart or columns it gets all messed up. I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel just need it to look nice on darker card stock. Thank you all!!!

• Katrina says:

Convert your file to an image file, then copy and paste it to habe 3 on each image. Just make sure the image is the correct size for your paper! :)

66. Stacey says:

Hi! I am making these save the dates for my August 2014 wedding. However, I am not sure what the dimensions are for the invitations? I looked everywhere on the website, but I am unsure of how to trim them! Can you please let me know what measurements you used for these! Thank you :)

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Stacey! For the invitation card itself – you just cut the 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock in half :)

67. Hey there crafty, you got featured on DIY Print Studio (http://diyprintstudio.tumblr.com)! We’re compiling all the most creative uses of our products and your work caught our eye. Wowzers!

We’d like to give you a $10 Printstagram Gift Card for being so awesome – just let us know for the gift code. Check out http://Printstagr.am for anything else you want :-)

DIY Print Studio is a new project we’re working on and if you have any feedback or things you think we should feature, let us know. And feel free to send our way anything else you’ve done with our products, we love you!

If you don’t want your photos or links on our site please let us know and we’ll take them down.

Hugs,

SPS Team

68. Stephanie Malik says:

I was wondering what cardstock you used? I looked at Michaels and a Scrapbooking shop but wasnt sure what to get.

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Stephanie! Our cardstock is from Paper Source but you can purchase 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock anywhere. All our supplies are always credited at the bottom of our posts!

69. Stacey says:

For the invitation itself… You say cut it in half, but there are 3 to a page… I might be over thinking this a little too much and have been cutting them down in a different way, which makes 1 out of the 3 invitations smaller that the rest, LOL. Please help this DIY newbie!

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Stacey! I completely apologize ~ I totally forgot that there were three to a page for this design. You are over thinking it a tad, but that’s ok!! Since the paper is 11″ – each card should be cut to about 3 5/8 of an inch. Your three cards will never come out the exact same, off by a millimeter or so. Which is totally fine! Each guest receiving their invite will have no idea that their card is larger or smaller than the next invite!!! :)

70. Stephanie Malik says:

Took two days but I finished them up. https://twitter.com/MistBeauty/status/364537343119613952/photo/1
    Thank you SO much for sharing this, my bridesmaids thought it was so cute and creative :D

71. Cheryl Ann says:

This is a really great idea! IF I ever am so lucky to get hitched, I will be using this idea!

72. Christy says:

I love these — and I plan on making them for my STDs :-) Question though..how did you use the twine? I know you said it was decorative, but did you put it on the outside or wrap the invitation inside the envelope? I’d like to use it, but I’m not sure how…thanks!!

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Christy! It was purely decorative for the picture, but it might be cute if you tie it around each card – underneath where you will put the ‘sticker’ card!

73. Cheryl Ann says:

74. Lisa says:

What color did you use off of paper source?

75. Lisa says:

To make 180 save the dates, how much of both types of paper should I buy?

76. […] a few adaptions you can WOW your guests before they even make it to your front door. I love the instagram idea as it uses casual photos in an un-expected […]

77. […] Instagram photos of you and your spouse from your wedding day. Use them for thank you cards (or save-the-dates if you’re still planning your wedding!). Or, skip the stickers and design Instagram greeting […]

78. […] Instagram photos of you and your spouse from your wedding day. Use them for thank you cards (or save-the-dates if you’re still planning your wedding!). Or, skip the stickers and design Instagram greeting […]

79. Cheryl Bain says:

80. Cheryl Bain says:

81. Cheryl Bain says:

82. Cheryl Bain says:

83. Cheryl Bain says:

84. Kelly says:

I am in the process of making these and it is so easy! I ordered the stickers from printstagram and am nervous about when I will get them since I need to mail these by the end of the week. envelopes.com was great for the envelopes too! cheap, came quickly and look great!

85. Michelle Perez says:

I just bought the sticker book from Printstagram and only got 126 stickers for $10. I would not recommend these stickers for a perfectionist though, because all the stickers ink peels off. I have spots missing from the stickers and it doesn’t look as nice as it does in the pictures above. I am a little disappointed. I hope they don’t do this to anyone else who orders from them!

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Michelle! I am so sorry that’s been your experience… normally they are great quality. If you email them, I know for a fact that they will make it right for you… :)

86. Cheryl Bain says:

87. Cheryl Bain says:

88. Shaina Cerulli says:

I may just be missing it but how do I download the design? I really love it and would like to use it!

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

There is a link within the post that you can click and then you can download or print it from there…. FIY: on Tuesday we are sharing a brand new version of this project!! Yay!!!

• Shaina Cerulli says:

I figured it out thanks! I love it I’ll wait for Tuesdays post though! Thanks so much for this it’s awesome!

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Yay!!! I can’t wait for you to see it, it’s so fun!!!

89. […] to share today’s project with you!!! Almost two years ago we shared our original DIY Instagram Save-the-Date Invitations and they have been such an outrageous success that we decided to revamp them – so here they […]

90. Cheryl Bain says:

91. Ana Raquel Pereira says:

I love these and i am looking forward to using them! Can you please make a 2016 calender one?! It would be greatly appreciated !

92. Cheryl Bain says:

93. Kayli Peckover says:

Is there anyways you can put up a 2016 template? Thats when my wedding is and im planning ahead pleaseee :D

94. Ashley says:

Hello!! I am having an issue selecting just one picture for the entire booklet! It will not let me go any further until I pick more photos. I just want 126 of the same picture, like you did!
    What can I do to fix this!! :)

95. Ashley says:

Just kidding! I answered my own question! I just deleted my browser history and I was able to order 252 stickers of the same photo!

96. Cheryl Bain says:

97. Cheryl Bain says:

98. […] got the inspiration from this blog but personalized mine a bit more.  They really were pretty simple to put […]

99. […] from Something Turquoise by Jen / Photo Credit Studio […]

100. Brenda Alvarez says:

Jen, I just want to say Thank You for having such great DIY projects. I just recently sent out my save the dates and I did the first option of the save the dates. I loved it from the first time I saw it. It is so original and cute. All my guest have loved it and love that they can place the sticker on their calendar. I have fallen in love with your blog and have gotten a lot of my wedding DIY project ideas from here. Thanks again!