March 6, 2012

Today’s wedding is the epitome of a DIY wedding… Jordan the bride actually made her dress! Did she do a fantastic job or what!!?? She looks absolutely stunning! In keeping with the DIY-ing… the brides sister was her wedding planner, her bridesmaids made the bouquets and bouts and her father preformed the ceremony! Wow, you go girl! What a beautiful day…

Beach wedding at Lovers PointPin

Beach wedding at Lovers PointPin

• Make your high heels sparkle {here}

Beach wedding at Lovers PointPin

Beach wedding at Lovers PointPin

Beach wedding at Lovers PointPin

Beach wedding at Lovers PointPin

Beach wedding at Lovers PointPin

Beach wedding at Lovers PointPin

Beach wedding at Lovers PointPin

I love this image below!

Beach wedding at Lovers PointPin

top wedding blog

{event credits} photographer: Scott Wilson of Urban Earth Photography | officiant: Nader Issa – bride’s father | wedding planner: Jehana Issa (brides sister) | wedding dress: made by the bride! | makeup: Angel Keith | hair: Nicole Wasserman | flowers: made by the bridesmaids | venue: Lovers Point, Monterey California

34 Responses to “beach wedding | jesse + jordan”

1. Jehana Issa says:

Amazing day Sissy!!!!! I had fun planning! You were an easy bride. Love you. You looked beautiful and Scott took amazing pictures!

2. Christy says:

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress AND the shoes. Please tell me how you made the dress and where you got the shoes. :)

• Jordan says:

Hi Christy,

I bought the shoes from lulus.com and then my sister got glitter glue or (E600 glue), brushed it on a slightly sanded heel, then poured the glitter on. Fine glitter is better, but we couldn’t find the right color with our short time frame :) Its really simple. You can also choose to spray with a clear top coat of you want. I went to fashion school at FIDM where I learned how to make clothing from scratch. With my dress form, I used ribbon to piece the areas I wanted to drape, then made the pattern accordingly, and went from there. It was very tedious, but well worth it. Im glad you love the dress :)

• Christy says:

Jordan, congratulations! And wow how talented you are! The gown is beautiful. Thanks, I’ll check lulus for the shoes :)

3. What a great wedding dress! I’d like to know if she followed a manufactured (Simplicity, Vogue, etc) pattern or if she created her own pattern.

I love weddings like this one!

4. [...] Tuesday: the beautiful DIY beach wedding of Jesse + Jordan [...]

5. great pics! and great job on the dress the shoes and everything else, WOW!

6. Kim says:

Wow, that is such a gorgeous dress. I would pay you to make me one like it lol I pictured my wedding dress exactly like it, low back & lace! Well done

• jordan says:

Thank you! It was diffucult to find all the right material and the fit it to myself, but way worth it :)

7. ginafaz says:

How did you walk on the sand in your heels? I’m getting married on the beach in June and htis is my biggest dilemma.

• Hi Gina! I will add my advice too… I wore my beautiful shoes all the way to the sand – then walked barefoot. I wanted to feel the sand in my toes. Then after the ceremony and pictures and everything, I made a quick trip to my room and washed my feet before I put them back into my shoes! :)

• ginafaz says:

I was thinking that but my fear is my dress will be too long and I will step I it and trip down the aisle.

• Jordan says:

Hi Gina,
      I only wore my shoes on the sand for my individual pics. Our pictures together after ceremony werent in sand so it worked well. Him and I both didnt wear shoes at ceremony and everyone else wore sandals/shoes. I wanted us to be the only ones with shoes off. I kept them off for family pictures as well, since we were still in sand, then put them after.

• jordan says:

Gina,
        I didnt read your prior response about dress being too long with no shoes. Mine definately was way longer, because i had 4.5in heels. I just walked slow on the sand so that helped with not tripping on the length.

8. Tarnna says:

Hi! Would you sell the pattern for that dress?

9. Jessica says:

Did you need a permit to get married on this beach and was there alot of people around I want to get married at lovers point also :)

• jordan says:

Hi Jessica,

No you do not need a permit unless you have 50 or more people (i believe) or serve food on the beach. You can call the monterey county office and reconfirm. Also, There was no one else on the beach by us, or the adjacent beach. There were some walking by above. We did get married on a Wednesday though. If you got married on a weekend, there will be a lot of people around

10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress! I Seriously want it! I

11. Christine says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress! I Seriously want it! I cant believe you made it! it looks so good! How did u go about doing it? I’m thinking of maybe asking my gmom to make mine if its not to intense. She made bridesmaid dresses for my aunt years ago. Would you consider making mine?

12. Kirsty says:

Hi Jordan my name is Kristy and have been admiring your amazing wedding dress for so long and I’m now getting married in April 2014 and would absolutely love if you will share/sell your design/pattern with me so I can get one made please :) it is just stunning!!
    Thanks x

13. Palmer says:

Hi,

I love your dress… I have been looking for a dress like yours since last year. I’d love to know if you wanted to sale your dress or make one for me? I am getting married next June and this dress is perfect.

Thanks so much,

Palmer

14. Palmer says:

also noticed you are willing to sell the pattern to your dress?

Let me know love to buy it from you… ;)

Thanks,
    Palmer

15. Kirsty says:

Hi has anyone been able to get hold of the pattern for this beautiful dress, I have sent lots if emails but no reply?? Thanks

16. Palmer says:

Hi Jordan,
    I just have a couple of questions about the train on your dress …I’m making my own too and love the train on your dress. !f you could get back to me I’d love the help.

Thanks,
    Palmer

• jordan says:

Hi Palmer
      My train was a large piece (whatever size you want) of fabric that was the shape of a square. Not a perfect square, but not as dramatic as a rectangle. Then I got 5 pearls and attached them to the dress and train in a “v”, 1 in center top and 2 on each side. 3 were holding train, the others were for decor. The rest of the train was carefully pinched and tacked if needed, to make ruffle affect. If you have any more questions let me know. would love to see the final outcome :)

• Jen | Something Turquoise says:

Hi Jordan!!! Thank you SO much for continuing to read and answer questions!!! You are one of our most popular DIY brides of all time!! xoxo

• Palmer says:

Thanks Jordan! I’m happy to share my final outcome. I was wondering if you have any recommendations on where to look for the lace trim? Ive been looking and it’s really hard to find.
        Thanks,
        Palmer;)

• jordan says:

Sorry for the late response. I live in the bay area and went to wholesale shops in SF and Berkeley to find my fabric. Don’t go to the branch stores. You will need to go to the more random stores to find the best options of fabric. Hope this helps :)