Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, we’d like to take a moment to share an amazing charity organization that is doing some truly wonderful work through the wedding industry. Brides Against Breast Cancer contributes to multiple programs for breast cancer patients and their families. Their outreach and educational efforts around the country help ensure that people impacted by this terrible disease have the resources and information they need in during their battle. From regular donations, gown donations, volunteerism and multiple different fundraising events… BABC is making an exciting difference!
How It Works
- BABC receives dresses donated from brides and a nation-wide network of bridal salons
- All donors receive a tax voucher to record their charitable donation
- They take dresses valued at $1000 minimum, both new and gently used
- They also accept veils, tiaras, and other accessories
- The dresses are sold through their small flagship store in Atlanta and online
- You can also purchase dresses from BABC at certain bridal shows
- Dresses range from $99-$999, with a small couture collection priced up to $2,000
- They then share profits and their promotional platform with different breast cancer charity partners!
- Unsellable dresses are donated to a baby bereavement charity called Rachel’s Gifts
Real ST & BABC Bride
One of our darling brides, Tatiana actually purchased her dress from BABC and was thrilled with the experience! Isn’t her dress stunning!?! You can see Tatiana + Kevin’s full wedding feature here!
The image courtesy of: Elizabeth Henson Photos
How Can You Help
- Donate your wedding dress or other item!
- Tell friends who are looking for a wedding dress to check out BABC first!
- Volunteer at one of their events!
- Follow them on social to keep up with all their fabulous goings-on!
There are many different ways to get involved with Brides Against Breast Cancer, check them out to learn more!