Hello, Beautiful Brides!
I am beyond excited to introduce myself to y’all! (yes, I’m from Texas) My name is Brittany Altenbaugh (soon to be Avila), our farmhouse wedding is 8 months away and I am in full wedding planning mode (think Kate Hudson & Anne Hathaway before the friendship-rivalry in Bride Wars). Being this year’s Something Turquoise Bridal Blogger is very surreal, even as I’m typing this – I still can’t believe it! I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to share my thoughts, plans, and discoveries along this creative wedding planning journey that I’m on. During the day I am full-time Registered Nurse but by night I write a lifestyle blog called Southernly Bliss, where I share our home building process, wedding planning, and DIY projects. You can read how Miguel surprised me with his proposal here! Besides blogging, I love to be crafty- just like all of you ladies! I’m pretty obsessed with hand-lettering so be ready to see lots of DIY’s of signs in our wedding!
Let The Wedding Planning Commence!
After Miguel popped the question, we sat down and discussed each of our personal must-haves, the vendors (and fur babies) that we didn’t want to budge on and agreed to compromise on the rest.
- The Venue: Miguel left this decision up to me since he knew I have always wanted to get married in a farmhouse ;) atmosphere. You can take a look at the venue we chose here!
- My Dress: Imagine an illusion neckline, sleeves, lots of body and movement, and a touch of Hayley Paige ;)
- Our Dogs Included: Our chocolate labrador Luna will be one of my bridesmaids/flower girl & the puppy we are adopting next week will be included in our wedding as well!
- Unique Food: We decided to have 3 food stations for our wedding: Taco/Mexican, Breakfast (because we love breakfast for dinner), and a salad station.
- Fresh Flowers: Blush and cream blooms, with lots of greenery such as smilax and ruscus.
When our friends and family walk into our venue, I want them to immediately feel the romance, whimsy, and bohemian vibe of our wedding style. I didn’t want to stick to just one theme, so we picked a few! If your love for each other doesn’t fall into a specific category I believe that your wedding shouldn’t have to either! Our color scheme is blush, muted gray, cream, lots of greenery (hello Pantone color of the year!) and a touch of rose gold.