book |bo͝ok| noun. 1. a written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers. 2. a bound set of blank sheets for writing or keeping records in. 3. she loved her books almost more than she loved him.
Sadly, summer is gone and school is back in session… which means that old feeling of hitting the books is palpable. In honor of this mood I decided to share 9 awesome ways you can incorporate “books” in your wedding decor + details. This has been quite a trend over the past few years, whether the event has a vintage theme or the bride and groom are bookworms. Books hold special, romantic stores just like our hearts… maybe you’ll fall in love with one of these ideas just like you did with your favorite book!
Image Credits + Ideas:
- Book Page Table Runner. Caroline Frost via Style Me Pretty. Such an awesome idea! Rip apart an old book and glue or stitch the pages together to create a very “bookish” decor element. Then when the party is over you can just throw them away, which makes clean up a breeze.
- Hand Lettered Ceremony Backdrop. This Modern Romance via Wedding Party. Amazing. Hand-letter your favorite book passage, poem, song, bible verse, etc. onto white kraft paper and hang as your ceremony backdrop. So in LOVE with this idea!
- Library Card Escort Card Display. Jeremy Chou Photography via Something Turquoise. This library card escort card display is one for the DIY books! Seriously this bride did and amazing job with her book themed wedding, you’ll swoon.
- Books As Alternative Bridesmaid Bouquets. Jenna Joseph Photography via Wedding Chicks. If you are a major bookworm-bride, you’ll love the idea of having your bridesmaids carry their favorite “love stories” down the aisle instead of flowers!
- DIY Painted Book Page Table Numbers. Something Turquoise. This is an oldie DIY, but a goodie! Rip pages out of old books, paint on each table number and add to mason jars – don’t forget the led tea lights!
- Bookmark Favors. Yes Dear Studio via Etsy. SO CUTE! Have these adorable bookmarks personalized to be your Save the Dates, Favors or even your Thank You cards!
- Stacked Book Decor. Simply Photography via Style Me Pretty. Stack up a few old books, write a sweet message on them and tie with a bow. Such darling book decor that doubles as a wedding sign.
- Book Page Heart Cupcake Toppers. Purple Pebble Gifts. Have these little heart book page cuties made for your cupcakes or other wedding dessert to carry the theme into your sweets.
- Book Guest Book. Brides. From the dictionary, to the bible or even your favorite love story – have your guests write in a book as your guest book! So much fun… especially if it’s one you’ll read all the time!