Hi party people, Lauren from I Love Love Events back with a super fun Steal This Style post, inspiration for an awesome kid’s table. That’s always the debate, to invite the kiddos or not to invite the kiddos. I completely understand couple’s decisions not to include kids, especially if every one of your friends already have several. But I am part of the invite-the-kids camp, and that’s not just because I just had a baby of my own. I love seeing adorable flower girls and ring bearers do their thing, and having the littles on the dance floor is pure magic! But we also want to keep them entertained so their parents can enjoy the wedding too. I am recreating on of my favorite kids tables I found on all the internet, plus a couple bonus FREE DIY ideas to keep the babes busy.
SHOPPABLE CREDITS: patchwork fabric // jar // crayons // lollipops // chalk labels // wood colored pencils // faux grass // candy necklaces // tin containers // mini bucket // pink ribbon // yellow ribbon // blue ribbon // tags
Tips for a Successful Kids Table:
- Have a separate table for kids ages approximately 6 to 14, kids under this age will probably need to be seated with their parents. If there is a need you can also create a “big kids” table for the teenagers.
- Place the kid’s table off to the side to let the kids do their thing.
- Like our inspiration table, give them activities to keep them entertained.
- Think about having kid-friendly menu options if your caterer offers them.
- Don’t be afraid to use candy and treats as decor on the table.
- If it’s in your budget, hire child care, so the parents can enjoy the festivities and not worry about the little ones.
Additional DIY Ideas:
- Kids DIY activity book from Lovely Indeed.
- I Spy game from Martha Stewart Weddings. Actually, this was a hit at my wedding.
- Coloring Clip Board Favor, DIY from the Something Turquoise archive.
Lauren Koster is the owner of I Love Love Events, a New York based wedding planning company that specializes in the unique and handmade look. Her eclectic style and modern hipster vibe always has us entranced. We always love when she graces our blog with her monthly “Steal This Style” article. Want to know more? You can personally follow or find her from these links below: