glitter |ˈglitər| noun. 1. bright, shimmering, reflected light: the blue glitter of the sea. 2. a glint in a person’s eye indicating a particular emotion: the scathing glitter in his eyes. 3. tiny pieces of sparkling material used for decoration: heels trimmed with sequins and glitter.
Many brides are a little glitter crazy, so glitter happens to be the theme of today’s fresh new article that we are calling “defined details”. Each month I’ll be breaking down specifically themed detail ideas for weddings with ultra-pretty pictures! There is something so glamourous and romantic about glitter especially when it’s done right, so here are 9 fab ideas on how you can incorporate glitter into your modern wedding.
- Glittered Wedding Heels: Liga Photography via Wedding Chicks. Purchasing glitter heels or getting crafty and adding glitter to your wedding shoes is a very good idea! You’ll feel like Dorothy only better. Want to make your own? Check out our tutorial here.
- Bride and Groom portrait in glitter: Our Labor of Love via Ruffled. Wow. This is for the hardcore glitter lover. Stunning but lots of work.
- Glitter Wedding Cake: Cotton and Crumbs. Whether it be large chunky glitter or darling little sparkles, glitter wedding cakes are a crazy huge trend right now and a terrific way to glam up your dessert!
- Glitter Table Numbers: Hunter Ryan Photo via Artfully Wed. Buy almost any type you’d like from Etsy or make your own, glitter table numbers are a fun way to add sparkle to all your tables. A fairly simple project since you only have to make 10-20 and all you need is decoupage and glue. Make sure to seal with two coats of decoupage glue so that you don’t loose a sparkle!
- DIY Glitter Clothespins Escort Cards: Something Turquoise. One of our favorite projects, easy to make and just darling!
- Stunning Glitter Bridesmaid Dresses: Picture Me & You. Who doesn’t love a killer sequin dress? I know your bridesmaids will love you for it.
- Glitter Vial Favors: Angie Capri Photography via The Perfect Palette. Perfect for your bridal shower or bachelorette party, especially if you are a DIY bride! These vials are the perfect size, add chunky glitter and a cute tag to make your friends gasp with excitement!
- Glitter Directional Arrow on the ground: Joielala via 100 Layer Cake. OMG – are you kidding me? Amazing right? To make this yourself you can cut out a large arrow from cardboard or poster board. Lay it on the ground and using a water-based spray adhesive, stencil the arrow on the ground – then sprinkle on the chunky glitter! Wash away with a hose when you are done!
- DIY Glitter Glassware: Something Turquoise. One of our post popular tutorials on our website. These bad boys are actually top shelf dishwasher safe! Yep, you read that right… and no glitter will end up in your drains!