Today we’d like to share a great charity organization that is doing amazing work through the wedding industry. Brides Against Breast Cancer contributes to programs for cancer patients and their families. Their outreach and educational efforts during the “Nationwide Tour of Gowns” bridal shows around the country help ensure that people impacted by cancer have the resources and information they need in during their battle. From regular donations, gown donations, volunteerism and multiple different fundraising events… Brides Against Breast Cancer is making an exciting difference!
One of our darling brides, Tatiana from a few weeks ago, actually purchased her dress from BABC and was thrilled with the experience! Isn’t this dress amazing!?! Image below is courtesy of Elizabeth Henson Photos, thanks for letting us share it!
- Brides Against Breast Cancer sells all brands of designer and couture, new and lovingly worn wedding gowns
- Gown prices start as low as $99 and range up to $3,900; the average gown price is $600
- BABC carries bridal accessories including tiaras, veils, slips and more
- They have a dress to fit any budget, they even have a convenient layaway plan
- Also, they offer reception dresses, bridesmaid dresses and mother-of-the-bride gowns
- 80 cents from every dollar raised from the “Original Nationwide Tour of Gowns” goes to programs and services for those impacted by cancer; yearly this event raises almost one million dollars for cancer support programs
- BABC will distribute more than 10,000 breast “self-exam” cards yearly
- In 2012, over 4,000 volunteers racked up 32,ooo hours of service with BABC
There are many different ways to get involved with Brides Against Breast Cancer, check them out to learn more!
If you have already said ‘I DO’ and would like to donate your gown and bridal accessories, please visit BridesABC.org/donations to learn more. Your donations are tax deductible.