Simple DIY | Iron-on Totes Engaged Tote Bag
Did you just get totes engaged? Or do you think it’s going to happen soon? The holidays are upon us and you know what that means – engagement season! Flaunt your new fiancé status and create a place to store all of your special wedding planning items, with this DIY Totes Engaged Tote Bag project! With your Cricut Explore Air, it will literally take you less than 30 minutes, and if you don’t have a Cricut already, this project is a great excuse to get one!
A fun video I created with Cricut on this project, is coming in just a few days! In the meantime, you can click the logo below to personalize and make this project in Cricut Design Space, or download our free SVG cut file at the end of the post!
- Cricut Explore Air
- Cricut Glitter Iron-On in 3 Colors
- Cricut 12″ x 12″ Cutting Mat
- Cute Tote Bag
- Weeding Tool
- Log into Cricut Design Space and click on the logo above to take you right into this project.
- Personalize by making each layer a different color glitter iron-on.
- Use the “slice” technique I’m sharing below to remove the overlap area of the design because – you can’t iron glitter over glitter!
- Cut the design on a 12″ x 12″ cutting mat using the “glitter iron-on” setting.
- Weed (remove) any glitter iron-on that isn’t part of the design.
- Using a pressing cloth, iron your new design onto your tote bag.
- Store all your important wedding planning items in one place!
As with all our DIY tutorials, if you create one of our projects please send us a picture – We Love Seeing Your Creativity! If you use Instagram or Twitter please use the hashtag #SomethingTurquoiseDIY and it will show up on our Get Social page. Happy Crafting!
DIY Tutorial Credits
Photography + DIY Tutorial: Jen Carreiro of Something Turquoise // Cricut Explore Air, Cricut Glitter Iron-on, Cricut 12 x 12 Cutting Mat and Tools: courtesy of Cricut // Tote Bags: Amazon // Totes Engaged Decal Design: Julia Ensign // Videography: JD Hudson // Nail Polish: OPI – Withstands the Test of Thyme
Shop The Supplies:
Find the supplies you’ll need for this project from our affiliate links below: